15 February 2007

Ordered a Feathercraft Wisper kayak

As the spring got closer I realized I was probably not going to get my planned Greenland Qajaq built. Considering the alternatives I found that my savings actually allowed me to realize an old dream of mine, purchasing a Feathercraft kayak.

What I wanted was a boat with excelent handling and performance, rollable but most importantly of all, lightweight and reasonably fast to assemble as well as disassemble.
Based on these criterias I decided the Feathercraft Wisper was the boat for me.

Considering the various options I decided to go for an all black kayak with the extra small bow hatch, an upgraded nylon/neoprene cover and a small cart for trolleying it through busy streets and train stations.
The most difficult dicission was if I should go for the lightweight or the normal skin, I ended up going for the normal as I found I would not want to sacrifice durabillity.

I decided to purchase it from an authorized dealer instead of a web shop as there really was not much to save and I would prefer to have the various benefits of a 'real' shop when spending this much money.

I went to Kano & Kajak Butikken and received brilliant service.
I ended up spending an hour there, discussing the various options, looking at the various details of the boat, trying the fit of the boat several times and as expected I ended up ordering one !
Now I just need to be patient for the 1-2 months it will take for the boat to arrive here in Denmark :/